The President has created a new job, only one, but a new job nonetheless. It is the post of Director of Progressive Media and Online Response. Sounds interesting. The new post will have the (I would think HUGE) job of building up President’s online presence and dealing with any negative media towards the President.
The new director, Jesse Lee, first tweet from his new White House post included a picture of the Terminator, suggesting this guy is taking his job very serious squashing stories the President’s campaign may find inconvenient. One website listed below is already calling Mr. Lee the “Czar of Truth.”
- White House Adds Rapid Response Position (politicalwire.com)
- @ FOX: WH Creates Media Damage Control Post (politics.blogs.foxnews.com)
- Meet the White House’s New Story Squasher (businessinsider.com)
- Obama WH adds position to deal with bad press online (hotair.com)
- White House Beefs Up Online Rapid Response (huffingtonpost.com)
- Czar of Truth (outsidethebeltway.com)