In the last few days, Navy SEAL and SOFREP guy Brandon Webb announced that he was going to run for a seat on the NRA Board. He decided to not outline his positions because he was too busy, he told people nothing, and insulted people who disagreed with him who were questioning his talk of compromise and citing his past statements.
His talk of compromise, common sense, mandatory training, and “idiots shouldn’t have guns” sounds like the stuff we hear from the left – they’re always willing to compromise by just putting in the tip, baby. Compromise, license, regulate, control, destroy.
This is going to be a pretty substantial post composed of screenshots of his own statements and conversations. For screenshots that are too small to read clearly, click for full view.
I’ve already stated a few harsh and critical opinions on the guy and his candidacy, but I’ll refrain from any further commentary here so people can simply read what he’s said. Just read his statements, responses, and lack of responses in contrast to each other.
The first selection of screenshots are from his NRA board announcement on Facebook.
4. “When I throw my hat in the ring you’ll know exactly where I stand, and either you’ll vote or not vote. / it’s not something I can address in detail in five minutes. I have a family, a business, and a book I’m on deadline to finish. Out here.”
5. ” Not participating in the process is a mistake. The NRA has taken the position of the Sierra club…not willing to compromise and create gun legislation that makes sense. If you refuse to participate then you end up with silly laws that end up hurting responsible gun owners. ”
6. “If my professional accomplishments and expertise as a sniper don’t qualify me to some degree then I don’t know what to tell you. / Thanks for the name calling, very mature way to have a conversation. ”
10. ” I’m not a fan of new laws that restrict ownership or make ownership hard on gun owners. I live right on the CA state line in NV. I have high capacity mags but drive a mile and am breaking the law with my mags and open carry in CA. / I’ll make my position crystal clear when I ask for your vote in 2015. ”
11. ” ungrounded statements ”
14. ” You can’t fix stupid, David “
15. ” You can’t fix stupid, Aaron “
18. ” I think I answered every question or comment, even the disrespectful ones. Thank you for all the feedback and participation. When I get on the 2015 ballot I will outline my position in detail. Some of you will agree with my position, and some will not. I only ask that you show me the same respect I will show you as we participate in the voting process ”
Okay, one comment: I think I’d rather see Christina Hernandez run.